WEDNESDAY 20th SEPTEMBER (Note change of meal venue)
Highlight: Sabor a Málaga presentation followed by cocktail-style meal at 4-star hotel.
Easy find on outskirts of Málaga, near airport.
We are delighted to announce that there is a real "foodie" focus to our Wednesday 20th September meeting and it promises to be an exciting one after the summer.
- Sabor a Málaga presentation: We will be special guests of the Diputación de Málaga at their futuristic HQ, in the elegant conference room of the Diputación’s presidency department
- Senior staff will update us on the Sabor a Málaga local food and drink promotional brand, plans for the future and how foreign-resident media can help them and them help us in our work
- And of course, a tasting of some local produce is planned to accompany their presentation.
- The “new” Diputación building is on the outskirts of the city, easily reached, just a couple of minutes beyond the airport on the main “paseo” access road towards the port, with plenty of parking
- Meet at 19.00h for a 19.15h start. Scroll down for easy-to-find directions. Presentation in Spanish, with English translation available during tasting and questions.
After our special Sabor a Málaga presentation we will go just along the road to the 4-star Hotel Vincci and the very pleasant surroundings of their interior patio, where we have arranged a “coctel gourmet”, a selection of 14 high-quality different aperitif-style dishes.
Please note that at this change of venue drinks are now included in the price which is 20 euros for members, and 30 euros for non-members. www.vinccihoteles.com/Vincci/Malaga
Revised Price (NOW including drinks!): Members subsidised rate 20 euros (Guests welcome: 30 euros)
Please let us know if you are vegetarian.
To guarantee your places, please confirm attendance to email, email@example.com (only), as soon as possible as places are limited, and at the latest by Saturday 16th September.
HOW TO GET TO THE DIPUTACIÓN BUILDING
This is easy, just a few minutes after passing the airport.
Driving: Coming from Fuengirola direction, along the MA-20 (old A-7) past Plaza Mayor, pass the new airport turnoff, and take the next exit signed Málaga MA-22 PUERTO (junction 5km). Follow signs to the port along the boulevard towards the sea for about 2 minutes. When you see the first old industrial chimney on your left, get ready to spot the futuristic grey large “cubist” building of the Diputación about 1 minute further on, also on the left. The sea is now on your right. If you come to a second chimney on your right (sea) side you have gone too far.
Where to park: You can either park on your right hand side opposite the Diputación, alongside the sea (in which case, access the service road parallel to the boulevard on the right at the first traffic lights after the first chimney to get to the parking spaces) OR turn round at the traffic lights immediately after the Diputación and park on the parallel service road right next to the Diputación building itself or in side streets.
Address: Calle Pacífico, 54, 29004 Málaga (GPS: 36.6892626,-4.4438000 ). Driving instruction PDF attached.
(If coming from the east or north of Malaga, follow signs to PUERTO from the motorways.)
Public transport: The nearest station is Cercanias at Maria Zambrano and it is about a 25 minute pleasant walk along the seafront out of town. Alternatively either a) walk down to the sea and take the no. 40 bus every 30 minutes or b) take no. 16 direct from the station (every 20 minutes) and walk 5 minutes towards the sea when you get off. Re-check times here: www.emtmalaga.es.
This is an exciting focus on the amazing produce and gastronomy of our area and we are grateful to the Diputación and Maroleum for helping us so much to organise it. We hope to see you there!